Wednesday, January 14, 2009

TUESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2009 09:31 PM, CST
More great news! His stem cell harvest went so well today that the nurse said they got enough for a couple transplants! Originally they only needed a count of 10. Yesterday they got 7.7 and today they got 20! This is great because if we decide to participate in the transplant study, Tyler will have at least 2 transplants. Of course the sedative didn't work again today. He was a lot more figity than yesterday which interferes with the amount of stem cells they're able to collect so I was very surprised to hear the number they got.
Now we don't have to go back until Monday January 19th so we'll have about 5 days at home. Aaaahhhh...how nice.
This Saturday is Tyler's benefit at the Bonner County Fairgrounds. I can't take Tyler and so far everyone we know will be at the benefit :) Tyler took several steps today while I held his hands. He protested a little but at least he did it! That was encouraging.
Talk to you later!
Kristine

1 comment:

Elisha said...

Hey Kristine, I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that things are looking up. I love the pix of the little cutie. I know that we are sure going to miss you guys at Rebecca's birthday party on Saturday, and don't worry, many pictures to follow. We love you guys and you are still in our daily prayers. Hugs and Kisses, Elisha and Rebecca