Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hey everyone. We checked back into the hospital yesterday for Tyler's 4th round of chemo. So far, so good. This time he's hooked up to chemo the whole time we're here. Poor guy. He doesn't get to be unhooked at all until Friday. I don't think he realizes he's connected all the time though. He's constantly getting tangled in his line because he moves around so much.
Last night was a late night! Tyler usually goes to bed around 8:30 and has at least one long nap a day. Yesterday, he only had a 45 minute nap. I layed him down for bed at 8:00...at 10:00 he was still very much wide awake and the most hyper I've ever seen him that late at night! He was standing up in his crib, stomping his feet, shaking his head back and forth and yelling! After a nice little dose of Benadryl, he went right to sleep. He was definitely feeling the effects of a late night because he already took almost a two hour nap around 10:45 today.
They're scheduling surgery to remove his tumor around March 19th or 20th. Looks like we're heading to Seattle around the end of April and his transplant will be the beginning of May. So far, that's all the info we have. The hospital gave us a list of extended stay apartments, hotels, condos, etc to look through. Now we just have to decide which one is best for us. I wish I could see the neighborhoods they're in before we make a choice! I went online and looked at some of the places. They seemed pretty nice. Rent in Seattle is a lot more expensive than I'm used to seeing! I think it'll be a really fun adventure though...once we get through the tough parts.
Well, we're hoping to be out of here on Friday if all goes well. Keep your fingers crossed! Actually, that's never been of much luck to me. :)
Kristine

No comments: